AQW 15736/22-27 Written question to the Minister for Communities

To ask the Minister for Communities whether his Department has completed a Languages Strategies position paper for agreement on the next steps.

Asked by Sian Mulholland MLA on 25 September 2024

  • Answered
  • Written
  • After due date
Tabled
25 September 2024
Answer due by
10 October 2024
Answered
15 October 202420 days after tabling
Department
Department for Communities
Priority question
No

Answer

I have been briefed on the position of the development of an Ulster-Scots Language, Heritage and Culture Strategy, and an Irish Language Strategy.

The Cross-Departmental Working Group (CDWG) is considering the draft strategies and associated action plans proposed by each strategies Co-Design Group. Once the work of the CDWG is complete, the draft strategies will issue to me for consideration prior to Executive consideration and public consultation.

Alongside the work of the CDWG I am currently considering the next steps in the development of both strategies and associated action plans. I will then engage with Executive colleagues to ask them to consider and if content agree on those next steps.

Official sources