AQW 13311/22-27 Written question to the Minister for the Economy

To ask the Minister for the Economy to detail the steps he will take to make it more accessible for students to apply to universities in the Republic of Ireland.

Asked by Sian Mulholland MLA on 12 June 2024

  • Answered
  • Written
Tabled
12 June 2024
Answer due by
27 June 2024
Answered
14 June 20242 days after tabling
Department
Department for the Economy
Priority question
No

Answer

It is a priority for me to improve student mobility across Ireland. Prior to his becoming Taoiseach, I had a positive discussion with Simon Harris TD in his then capacity as the responsible Minister on steps we can take to reduce barriers across the island.

I have reached out to my counterpart, Minister Patrick O’Donovan TD, with a view to continuing that dialogue. I intend to explore ways we can remove barriers to cross-border study as part of that engagement.

Official sources